Getting car insurance is almost a necessity these days and it doesn’t matter what kind of policy you want to get, you should always find out how to get the lowest auto insurance rates possible and there are many ways for you to go about doing this as they are free but require you to do your homework. Now let us discuss the factors that you would need to know to increase your chances to get the lowest price possible on the market today.
1. The first thing that most car insurance company will look at is what type of vehicle do you drive. If you’re driving a fast sports car and be prepared to spend a larger amount on their monthly rates. If on the other hand you are driving a vehicle that is known for its dependency and safety and you will get a bigger discount on your rates. From a commonsense point of view this makes perfect sense because sports cars are designed to be driven fast and the faster you drive the more likely you will get a speeding ticket or get into a car accident and this presents a larger risk and loss of money to the car insurance company that you are insured under.
2. Another factor that is involved in whether you get a low car insurance rate or not is what type of area you live in. If you reside in a densely populated city but chances are more likely that you will get into a car accident than if you are living in a quiet rural area with fewer cars. Your insurance company will always take this into consideration.
3. Your past writing history is also another thing that they look at. Do you have many speeding tickets that you recently got? Have you gotten into any accidents in the last 3 to 5 years? The safer you drive, the lower your car insurance rate will be.
4. Your age is also extremely important when applying for car insurance. If you are between the ages of 18 and 25 or over 65 years of age and chances are you will be paying the premium on your car insurance rates. The reasons are very simple. If you are a young driver chances are you will probably be less responsible than someone who’s had a good amount of years of driving under their belt, and with those years come maturity and responsibility. If you are over 65 you will pay more because most older seniors will start to lose some of their reflexes at this age.
5. Having good credit score can also get you a discounted rate on your car insurance because most insurers will make the assumption that if you are responsible enough to keep your credit score at a respectable level then you will most likely be responsible enough to drive safely on the road.